In recent months, there have been a steady stream of consultations and select committee inquiries relevant to the sport and recreation sector. We wanted to let you know what we've recently responded to or are intending to respond to, and provide details as to how your organisation can submit a response.
- The future for food, farming and the environment – government is seeking views on their proposals for future agricultural policy in England which could impact outdoor recreation. Deadline – 8th May 2018.
- Civil society strategy – government is seeking views to help inform the development of its new civil society strategy. Click here to read Building a stronger civil society an article written by James Allen, our Director of Policy, Governance and External Affairs. Deadline – 22nd May 2018.
- Integrated Communities Strategy Green Paper – government is consulting on a programme of actions for building stronger, integrated communities which will look at how sport, culture and volunteering can contribute to this. Deadline – 5th June 2018.
Current Select Committee inquiries:
- Childhood obesity inquiry – the Health and Social Care Committee has launched a follow-up inquiry to its two previous inquiries on childhood obesity. The inquiry seeks to understand the progress made with measures contained in the government’s childhood obesity strategy and what should be priority areas for further action by government. The Alliance is submitting a response. Deadline – 9th April 2018.
- The social impact of participation in culture and sport – the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee launched an inquiry to investigate and understand the social value of sport and culture and how our sector can have a positive impact on health, community and education. The Alliance submitted a response and the Committee extended its deadline for submissions.
Contributing to the consultation process is really important for the sport and recreation sector if we want our views to be considered. We strongly urge you to speak up and make sure your voice is heard and put on record. For more information about the Alliance's consultation responses, please contact our policy team.