What was the consultation about?
As part of the consultation process, respondents were asked a series of 70 questions around ten core themes:
- Physical Activity
- Children and young people
- Financial sustainability
- Coaching, workforce and good governance
- Elite and professional sport
- Fairness and equality
- Safety and well-being
- International influence and major events
The Alliance co-ordinated a sector-wide response via following:
1) Getting members to feed into the Alliance's response. To do this, we created a number of opportunities for you to engage on the subject, through a range of channels.
2) Members were also encouraged to think about reponding directly to the consultation on behalf of their organisation. To make this easier, we created responses to all of the questions which, based on our Minister's To-do List, we believe reflected the typical views of the sector.
Following the closing of the consultation on 2 October, we have gathered all our member responses together and included them in our response. You can download the following documents to find out more about what the sector wants from a new sports strategy:
Alliance Members can log-in and read the full response and key recommendations by clicking here.
Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation
On 16 December, the Government launched its new sport strategy.
The detail of the document can be found here.
The Alliance has also blogged about parts of the strategy, which can be found below: